Thread: E3 2011
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-14, 17:53

Biggest E3 disappointments, anyone?

Still no word on an English release for the Level-5/Studio Ghibli masterpiece Ni no Kuni (The Another World). It got 38/40 from Famitsu! It was the most pre-ordered Level-5 game ever! It really needs to see a wider release.

No word on a North American release for White Knight Chronicles: Origins, even though it's already out in Europe.

No word on an English release for Hironobu Sakaguchi's The Last Story, which also received a 38/40 from Famitsu.

Also, the North American release of Xenoblade Chronicles appears to be cancelled.

WTH, Nintendo? The Wii U doesn't come out until (likely late) next year. You're going to need some Wii games to ship in the 18 months until then. I mean, last holiday season wasn't that great, for the Wii, and this holiday has Zelda and that's pretty much it, as far as AAA titles go. And the new console is a year away!

Successful consoles aren't supposed to lose steam like that. The PS1 didn't. The PS2 didn't. And you have the games, Nintendo. They're done. Just released them stateside, FFS.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong