View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-09-08, 09:41

Putting some more thought into it, is there really a need for a rail system in the Nether? The distances are so short to begin with that it seems like a huge material waste considering the short travel times. Would we be better off putting that material to use building a subway system in the over-world and keeping the Nether a walking transportation system?

Also, I can come up with one very big reason to keep the Nether hub covered and safe: Horses. Jess and I moved a pile of horses through the Nether last night and I can tell you right now the sheer impossibility of such a venture were Ghasts raining fireballs down on our heads.

I think Nether Hub 2.0 should have arms radiating out in X, Y that are fully protected. We can build unprotected runs in the diagonal directions (since those tend to look froggy anyway). That way, we have both protected and unprotected arms, still connected at the perimeter (by protected arms).

Leave the rail for up top?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)