View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-01-05, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagSafe View Post
I've tried out the iWork '06 Trial that came with my mac, but i've never been able to get into it. I'd be quite happy to ditch MS Office and NeoOffice and buy the reasonably priced iWork suite, but like you said its just an awful environment to work in. Maybe its because i've been used to using MS Office for so long and know my around it, even still though you would think Apple could make an easy-to-use office environment. So far they've fallen flat on their feet trying to create one, it's a shame really as I would benefit so much from iWork, I rarely use any of the advanced Word features, and Powerpoint is simply awful anyway compared to Keynote.
I think iWork should be easier to use with this release, especially since you can reportedly snap the little inspectors together and move them around as a group. The inspectors are my biggest gripe with iWork, and I think this will be a good change.

I think you also need to divorce yourself from Office when you start using iWork. You need to wipe your mind clear of any preconceptions about productivity software. It's an entirely different workflow, but I think it works if you really let yourself dig into it.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317