View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-06-25, 15:34

Well, one point...I don't think you necessarily have to be a knotted-knicker NeoPuritan to get a little sick and tired of the over-sexualization of everything these days. When your typical yogurt commercial on TV makes you wanna go rub one out, then something's just really wrong and going too far.

As one of the CNN readers said, "can we not have even one communication outlet that isn't saturated in sex?".

Apparently, no.

It just becomes overwhelming, and just turns into a big "nothing" blur after a while. All the mystery and spice is removed, and, now, every commercial, web banner, billboard, radio spot, magazine ad, website, spam, pop song, TV show, newscast, blog, etc. is just "all sex and nakedness, all the time...Paris Hilton is screwing Jon & Kate...the governor is S. Carolina is nailing half of Argentina...give him a reality show! The Pussycat Dolls are all sucking on Bret Michael's wang, live on VH!...Donald Trump is dating some reality whore, and the Sun Maid Raisins chick!"

Enough already...

We'll killing sex, and we don't even know it.

And it's not being done by the favorite, expected targets (the "moralistic Midwest Bible bangers and Southern Pentecostal screamers and yellers"), but, instead, by the very people and industries who can't seem to give the topic a rest every once in a while.

I don't need to think about "getting off" during a Wheat Chex commercial, guys. I really don't.

So ease up, and pull back the reins a bit on the "sex sells" thing. Because it also "overwhelms" and "wears out its welcome" after a few hundred times a day. To the point that it's just not special, or no big deal. Or it's so oversaturated into our heads, we don't even give it the attention and interest it so richly deserves.

And so, now, it's made it's way to the iPhone. In the lamest, most unnecessary and imagination-free way possible.

What a waste of engineering and tech.