View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-25, 22:12

Super 709 Quote-a-thon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
That was by far - even with all my drunken escapades over the last few years - the most personally embarrassing thing I have ever done here, ever.
It's okay. I've had more embarrassing typos.

Quote:
That's not to say I just don't like helping people out. I dropped a bunch of starter stuff at your place with only the hope you'd stick around. Never once did I think about bullshit repayment. I never would.
Oh, of course.

Quote:
My poll may be fucked, but at least people are honest about voting.
There, I voted.

Quote:
This thread went way the other way that I thought it would, btw.
Aww. It's not that a slimeball economy is a horrible idea, if you're going for realism. Other servers do it, and I'm sure they still have fun, somehow. But that's not the way we've been playing the game until now, and unless people are honestly dissatisfied at not having a realistic economy I don't see the need to change things. I mean, is the magicks-is-cheating crowd silently resentful of other people getting mana from heaven, and that's ruining the fun for them? If so, we could (and should) change something, sure.

I'll just say that if I had to somehow buy lapis, my brick house probably wouldn't have ever gotten built (it wouldn't look right, without blue!), and my next project probably wouldn't be getting built either. And that's all from me, for this thread (unless somebody wants a direct response).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong