View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-02-07, 21:50

IF we DID build an adventure could we set aside some portion of the world for building the adventure? Somewhere well away from spawn?

Creative Mode - yes, it's obvious that you need to build in that mode. I wouldn't see that as a problem because the folks who care could still have low-tech/no-tech rules for regular stuff. The adventure area could be a side project.

Build Quality
I'm impressed with some of the traps in that Mayan adventure video that I linked to (dispensers shooting arrows is very Indiana Jones-ish), but in some of the adventures that OTHER people have made the engineering was shabby, or the set-up for the puzzle was badly described - felt as if impatient teens had designed/built them.

Theme of Adventure
I'm not 100% positive, but I think that they may have actually HAD a pirate theme or sub-plot, or at least a pirate ship, or part of some sort of ship, or SOMETHING vaguely piratey in a previous adventure, so I wouldn't want to do a full pirate thing.

Still, it would be fun to do something that has some real cultural connections... like the Star Wars adventures, or a very effed up version of the Magic Kingdom, or a Harry Potter adventure, or an adventure at Comic Con or Dragon*Con, or a Star Trek adventure, or Tron 3, or a trip through a real-life demented arcade, or a mashup of pop-culture stuff... I don't know.

Expertise
I'm not good at much of anything, not like you guys.

A lot of you are great engineers - some are actually EEs (like Dellphi) and others know all the arcane shit that you can do in Minecraft. Some are great at massive projects (Grey and Bruce). Some are good at details (like the T family). Some are great at building 3D models of real-world stuff (looks at Brad).

Brad and Robo are the first 2 people I think of when it comes to video games. Jack is a walking encyclopedia of video games, and Brad was building a Mario style island back a few worlds back... that's what made me think of this in the first place.

Anyway, that's what I've got.
I'm a big picture kind of guy

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter