View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-09-21, 23:19

I meant to post this a couple days back, but I wanted to share a special moment I had with HBO the other night, the network that introduced me to one Katt Williams, comedian. I think. For those not in the know (I wasn't), Katt is sort of like the gangsta version of Bozo the clown I guess. Wish I could google you a picture, but basically he was wearing a leprechaun-green felt suit, and his hair was straight permed with a gigantic wave that stuck straight out, all the way around (hence the Bozo effect).

But more than his appearance, I was particularly speechless after listening to the first 5-10 minutes of his monologue. Let me see if I can accurately paraphrase the first few moments.

'God DAYMN, good to be in MOTHERFUCKIN ATLANTA. Ain't NO place in the world like this muthafucka, mutherfuckers! Mutherfuckin Atlanta has everything you could imagine [blah blah blah, I haven't come to the realization yet that the duality of either partying on the corner or being shot on the corner is not what makes a city great]."

"I'm just hear to tell all you motherfuckers to lighten the fuck up and enjoy yo mutherfuckin life. Life is too mutherfuckin SHORT, bitches! Be mutherfuckin greatful for what the fuck you have and stop complain about the mutherfuck [x], mutherfuckin [y] and mutherfuckin [z]. Enjoy yo mutherfuckin selves!"

"Get yourself up to the next mutherfuckin level. I don't do fuckin SHIT with mutherfuckers who are doin the same shit as last year. Don't hang out with no mutherfuckers unless they take shit to the next level. If you mutherfuckers are doin the same shit as last year, I ain't hangin wit YOU mutherfuckin bitches!"

And so it goes, homies, with the crowd absolutely raving. You may think that I am an embittered cracker who is exaggerating, but I'm not kidding. Every sentence had either two mutherfuckers, a mutherfucker and a fuckin, or a mutherfuckin and at least two shits. I mean he was truly prodigious.

How is it that *anyone*, regardless of how urban you might be, finds that to be intelligent comedy? I mean, if he didn't swear... would people still laugh? Because that's the mark of a true comedian. Sure you have to drop the well-placed F bomb for effect in any routine but this guy was just... retarded. Someone please tell me it's not just me, that the pimp chronicles part uno, really was pretty fuckin mutherfucked up, bitches.

...into the light of a dark black night.