View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-09-22, 09:28

I've actually got a lot of Pryor in my iTunes/iPod. There are routines I can dial up at any time and still - even though I've heard them dozens and dozens of times over 25 or so years - laugh out loud.

Wino talking with Dracula "S-Say, man...what you doin' lookin' in them people's window? What? What's your name, boy? Dracula? What kind of name is that for a ni..." "Why don't you get your teeth fixed? Shit hanging all out your mouth...get you an orthodontist!"
The Exorcist
Flying Saucers
Eating (difference in black dinner table and a white one...ohmigosh, I nearly choked the first time I heard it I was laughing so hard )
Prison ("I made people laugh all day to keep their mind of the booty. Wasn't nobody fuckin' me no place...somebody tried to do me, you'd read about it in Jet! 'Okay, Mr. Pryor...you can put the dick down now'"
Wino directing traffic
Cocaine ("I've been snortin' 20 years...I ain't hooked! I must've snorted up half of Peru. Should've just given them the money up front and had me a piece of property!")
Breaking Up
Going to Court NSFW
Funeral
Getting an ambulance in the ghetto
Gangs/fighting ("Whichever side was winning...'uh, this is my side!'")
Old movies
Cops
High school

Oh man...I think everyone ought to have a little Pryor on their iPod. It's all in the delivery...the above doesn't do it a bit of justice, of course.

Unfortunately, they only have one of his albums on iTunes ( "Is It Something I Said" ).

DEFINITELY NSFW!!!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2006-09-22 at 09:37.