View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-18, 11:51

I'll sometimes deviate from my usual woodworking/guitar/tiny house YouTube pursuits and will watch things like The Mandalorian reactions, or tech/pop culture stuff, etc.

Holy smokes...I sometimes need a translator. And it's English!

I was cool for about two years, 29-31? But that's been 20 years ago. Now I'm just a 51-year-old guy with a silver beard/temples (and more with each passing month) and lines/crinkles around my eyes from a lifetime of not wearing sunglasses, and who doesn't understand/get modern entertainment, tech, fashion and language.

I see some of these things and it hits me...yikes, I done went and turned into someone's dad while I wasn't paying attention. I've got everything but the kid and a lawnmower...

I still wear my Vans and drive over the speed limit, so not all is lost.

The freaky thing is, these past 10-15 years have been a blur. It seems like I got my first iPhone about 4-5 years ago...not 13. It's all just a rocket now, zooming past me. And knowing that I've now logged more miles behind me than I've got in front of me has kinda hit me weird in the past few years as well.

A funny thing, getting older.

I wasn't ready for it.

But it beats the alternative all to hell, doesn't it? Getting old requires still being alive, so...I'll take it.