View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-05, 12:56

Mrs T and I want to grow some grapes. I make wine and we figure why buy juice when we can control all of it. Plus, who doesn't like good grapes off of the vine?

So right now I have two established vines that are large planter based. We still need to build a trellis system for them to get them in the ground. One is Scuppernong and the other Muscadine. I'm looking at the Two Wire Four Cane Kniffin system for the trellis I have yet to build. Before I commit and buy the material and dig holes I figured I'd check with others to see what input there might be out there for this.

I'm in the plant hardiness zone 7a so this is supposed to be a good system for the climate here. The more YouTube videos I watch the more I realize how little I know about growing grapes. Like the pruning I'm supposed to do! What grew the grapes this year will be a cane next year. I had no idea. I'm really astounded at how little I know right now.

Anyway, I figured I'd tap into the collective knowledge here and see what input y'all had for something like this.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.