View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-01-01, 11:49

Well of course...

Not sure it's a good idea. Seems it would be a victim of SNL Syndrome (take something small, novel and/or best in small doses and attempt to build a two-hour movie around it that nobody is actually asking for).

I think Star Wars needs to give the multiplex a rest for about 4-5 years. They've put out five movies in five years. Good or bad, I think that's a bit too much and veers into oversaturation/overstaying-your-welcome territory.

They should build on the success of this show and maybe do another 1-2 Disney+ projects, focusing on quality and good stories (and rebuilding goodwill and re-establishing the brand after the division and rancor the sequel trilogy stirred up), and then maybe revisit a feature film (or trilogy) in a few years. Let people miss it a bit. The worst thing Disney/Lucasfilm could do right now, IMO, is start churning out half-baked, big-budget movies/trilogies right away because they think that's "what people want". I think the days of slapping nostalgia on something and hoping that, alone, will carry it are winding down.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-01-01 at 12:01.