View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-07-09, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I hadn't seen that this morning – kinda interesting in a weird 'Apple always overcharges for this sort of thing and when prices drop I wonder if something is wrong in the company because I can't take good news at face value' sort of way. Could RAM prices be next?
Hopefully. The Mac to replace my aging late-2013 would be at least $2,999 at current pricing (15-inch MBP, 32 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD). Really, I should be going to 1 TB, and at least that's starting to become conceivable? But $400 for 32 GB RAM is… painful. And another three-five years of of 16 GB RAM is basically out of the question.

The "oh and by the way, despite the price tag, the keyboard reliability is unclear" is just the cherry on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Maybe we'll see a 16" now that the line is cleaned up a bit.
I hope so!

But I don't think so. Maybe if they only do a slight speed bump, but a newer Intel generation would have to wait until Comet Lake-H in Q2 next year, so it doesn't seem very plausible Apple would upgrade before that.