View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-10-21, 09:40

I have a tough time believing "we're it" in this huge universe...just makes no sense.

But I also have a tough time believing that if we're "not alone", that there is only one more race or whatever out there, and why they would seek us out, of all the others, to come to. And that's assuming they're even advanced enough to have spaceships and all that.

We just assume, from movies and books, that any "alien race" is big-headed, "highly advanced", etc. They might be bigger dumbasses than us, and still banging rocks around and barely capable of building adequate shelter, much less putting together a craft for intergalactic flight.

They probably sit and look up into their night sky wondering the same things we do.

And, chances are, we'll never know of each other's existence.

I believe other life exists "out there", definitely. I just don't think we'll ever see indisputable, first-hand proof or have some sort of Devil's Tower meet-up.

If this Roswell thing actually happened, it would take the government actually copping to it and releasing all info and records without the blacked-out, censored passages. And all the hundreds of other events, from governments and militaries all around the world, too.

And that just isn't going to happen in any of our lifetimes. It's simply too "big", I think.

Maybe our grandchildren's grandchildren might see something amazing one day (if we're still even around and haven't blown the joint up or anything).