View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-27, 00:11

Apple had a nice webcam years before they became such a thing (Zoom, etc.). And they did wifi (and the wireless backup via Time Capsule) so well.

I wish both iSight and the AirPort stuff were all still around. They Just Worked™.

In the past 10 or so years, Apple has gotten out of the webcam, wifi/wireless backup and display business. They all ditched their space grey accessories (mouse), iPod socks, etc.

If they came out with a standalone iSight 2, which could be as large/thick as needed to support all that lighting and centerstage stuff and in this era of Zoom and all the things FaceTime does/supports, they might have a popular thing? I know notebooks rule, and most notebooks have a built-in camera. But how good are they? And everyone who isn't on an iMac (Apple users or otherwise), they'd like a spiffy, high-quality Apple webcam.

As good as these front-facing cameras are in iPhones, iPads and Macs these days, take that tech/capability and put it into a nice external houses, powered/connected with a single cable and making everyone look as good as possible in all their online stuff (work, play or otherwise).

And I hate using this Netgear router. Anytime something goes a bit sideways, I don't know what to do in terms of trouble-shooting or resetting/tweaking anything. That was never the case, for years and years - decades, almost - with the AirPort stuff.

I'd go back to an updated, modern Apple Time Capsule thing tomorrow if they'd make them again. So easy to setup/maintain, for people like me who don't know anything.