Thread: Wwdc 2022
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-06, 13:19

Maybe I read the screen wrong, but I've never seen 24GB RAM be an option for any of this stuff. Always seems to be in multiples of 8 in recent years, but that's pretty cool. That would be a more affordable upgrade than 32GB.

Those rumors really shit the bed re: the new Air. It doesn't look anything like the 24" iMac, with all the off-white trim, the rainbow colors, etc. It looks pretty damn sedate, sleek and professional! Just goes to show you, when we zig (and assume a bunch of stuff, based on other product designs), Apple zags and throws a curve.

That 13" MacBook Pro is still around too, with an M2. So they once again opted to keep the naming as is (they should've named that 13" model "MacBook", but it's obvious they're not going to). So there will be a whole new cluster of people wondering why one MacBook Pro is so "affordable" ($1,299), and then a $700 jump up to a completely different set of MacBook Pros, starting at $1,999, with different screen sizes, body designs, ports, etc.

"But how 'pro' can this smaller, less-equipped $1,299 model be? Seems like just a regular, mid-range 'MacBook' to me. Beefier and more capable than the Air, but not quite true 'Pro' level...".

Yeah...exactly. I've only been asking/saying that for a least 14 months. And Apple saw fit to tell me, once again, to go pound sand.

Oh, Apple...