View Single Post
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2008-01-11, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
The Mac Pro prices are reasonable, but the point is it's not made for most of us. Neither is the iMac or mini.
I think you have got your argument the wrong way round! The combined lineup of Mac Pro, iMac, etc would have a product to suit most of us. You however are the exception and clearly an enthusiast who enjoys tinkering and overclocking - as I did a few years ago.

That is besides the point though. My comment was directed at the fact that you basically bitched about the price and then compared it to a completely different system!

Quote:
I will get back to you as soon as I find a $1500 OS and software to install.
Amazon has Vista Ultimate listed for £329.98 which xe.com tells me is $646.342US!!! Holy crap, that just doubled the price of your system!

Quote:
Ah, nice FUD on the end of that paragraph. More FUD. Okay sir, substitute the Abit for a cheaper Gigabyte, Asus, DFI or MSI.
Did I say I owned a Gigabyte, Asus or MSI??? No I owned an Abit board - a 7xxx something with an onboard Highpoint controller - It failed. Got replaced. and failed again.

OK, I'm not quite sure what FUD is supposed to mean or how it relates to what I would be happy running. As an IT consultant people pay good money for my experience and advice but you can have it for free and call it FUD if you want - I don't want this to become any kind of personal slagging match !

Like I said before - my gripe was with your comparison. In my eyes your system does not equal a Mac Pro.

An interesting question for this population would be how many other enthusiasts that have build their own systems (like you and I) think that your system (and it's price) are an accurate and equal comparison to a Mac Pro?

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!