View Single Post
artesc

2009-05-06, 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
I mean, there is an art to making a fine coffee but unless you go to an independent coffeehouse you're not going to get that anyway. How would a bottler making coffee be any different than the Starbucks barista making it with a push-button machine from a premade "beverage base"? It wouldn't - the only thing that's different is the image, the illusion. And everybody knows that. When you go to Starbucks you aren't paying five bucks for a Vivanno, you're paying five bucks for going to Starbucks - the comfy seats, the jazzy music, the friendly people, the quaint image of a small-town cafe with chalkboard menus. The image of it all, that "third place" between home and work, that's what you're paying for. And everybody knows this because nobody in their right mind would pay five bucks for Starbucks's actual coffee, let's be real.
And this is exactly why I never drink Starbucks. It sucks and the image it projects of itself makes me nauseas. If I want mediocre coffee, I'll go to 7-11 and get a cup of 99 cent coffee (and a Danish for only 29 cents more!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Roboman: it could be Coca-Cola doesn't sell Georgia here because they're the American distributor for Illy Issimo.

They make a bit much of themselves on that website don't they? It's freaking coffee in a can, not Jesus-Juice.

artesc all the way!