View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-05-06, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by artesc View Post
And this is exactly why I never drink Starbucks. It sucks and the image it projects makes nauseas. If I want mediocre coffee, I'll go to 7-11 and get a cup of 99 cent coffee (and a Danish for only 29 cents more!).
"Grabbing a coffee" and "going to Starbucks" are completely separate in my mind. I mean, I do go to Starbucks, every once in a while, and when I go there I do buy a drink, because it seems like I sort of owe them that much if I'm going to be using their space. But that's not why I go - I go there because I want to get out of the house and want a comfy place I can just chill and write and draw or whatever. (That's why, when I do go there, I usually get a "treat" drink, like a Vivanno. I know it's not coffee, but I'm not going there for coffee.)

I like Starbucks because the people there are nice and they treat their employees well but their coffee is merely average. Not bad, per se, but not worth the price in and of itself. Again, I don't think that's a shock to many people.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong