View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2011-01-20, 20:57

This is a pretty interesting thread. I re-read most of it just now and discovered that I had had an addiction to Klondike bars awhile back. I haven't had one or even thought of one for a very long time.

Well, my current addiction has been to grilled cheese sandwiches. I make them with seeded rye bread and colby longhorn cheese. Yum. They are very good, and I'm going to make one for dinner in about an hour.

I think this addiction will be ending soon though, because it has been going on for about three weeks and I sense a point of satiation approaching in the not too distant future.

I am curious to know if any other members read about addictions they had mentioned in this thread but that they have long forgotten about - as I had forgotten about the Klondike bars.

An addiction that I apparently will *never* get over is the one I have for Jane Marple, Hercule Poirot, and Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes. At present, I've been listening to an audiobook version of Holmes stories on a CD player I have in the kitchen, so that all the time I spend cooking or cleaning is also spent listening to great stories. My DVD player in the living room at the moment contains a Poirot story called Murder in Mesopotamia, which is part of DVD set I own.

I'm not sure why Marple, Poirot and Holmes are so addictive. I know I really like stories that take place in different eras of time, as opposed to stories about modern/real-life crime, because real-life crime is all too close around us as it is. Stories from different eras and locations around the world are more enjoyable to me.

Oh, and this is Thursday, so Sherlock Holmes is on PBS tonight! Yay!!!