View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-20, 19:41

So apparently when your tire hits 0 PSI, the electronic air pumps at gas stations like Sheetz won't give you any air at all. I guess they can't tell the difference between an empty tire and just holding your thumb over the tube? Meh.

Also, if you think you can rely on a can of Fix-a-Flat, be sure you check and replace that can once every few years. I'm guessing mine was somewhere between five and ten years old, and the seal on the can lid itself had gone bad over time and the thing rapidly oozed this horrible rancid sticky mess from the cap all over my hand. Thankfully I had a wad of napkins in my jacket pocket for quick cleanup.

And if you keep a spare in your trunk (of course you do it would be stupid not to), be sure you check its pressure from time to time too because otherwise *surprise!* it's going to be flat when you need it too.

*shrug*

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.