View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2009-11-22, 04:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Seriously, though, I am not frightening! If you are overwhelmed because you've never been to a cafe like us before and don't know what the options are, just ask me.
The lunch food case is usability fail, simple as that.

I'm always overwhelmed when I'm at a café ordering something, presumably in part because I don't do it too often — but I also don't like to ask, because I'm just not the kind of guy who unnecessarily talks too much to complete strangers. So, as for the sizes, if they're clearly written on the board, fair enough. But for the case, it's just not good enough that you ask whether you can help customers with it, because 1) that still doesn't necessarily tell them that they need to ask you to get a sandwich in there, and 2) because they just want to have their food without having to think too much.

Yes, people are illiterate idiots, and become unthinkably rude when someone isn't afraid to tell them as much. But from the description, it sounds like your place has failed to make the sandwich-getting process sufficiently easy and obvious to use.