View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-22, 14:32

I've noticed the past several months that I seem to have darker "hollows" below my eyes. Some days (like today) it's worse than others. Just very dark, almost as if I've taken a punch (I haven't). I've even had a couple of friends comment on it recently, so I know it's noticeable to others, compared to how I've looked in the past.

I don't always get the best, most restful sleep, so I assume that's part of it. I'm trying to remedy that, and I've been sleeping more soundly at night the past week or so by changing a few things.

Not to get all fussy and foo-foo about it (I'm not going to be slicing cucumber eye pillows, or engaging in some sort of pain-in-the-ass daily regimen of creams and concealers...that's just not my bag, baby), but I was wondering if anyone here knew of some sort of simple, once-a-day, over-the-counter product that is proven to reduce or fade (not mask/conceal...I'm not looking for temporary, obvious-looking makeup) dark, under-eye circles and/or puffiness? I'm not sure if it's an eye- or skin-related type of deal...not sure where to begin or focus my search. I suppose I could go to Walgreen's and walk the aisles, but who knows what really works or does what it says.

I'm not a vain man at all, and I don't get torqued-up over such things (I like my little "eye crinkles" when I smile, and I think the ever-increasing silver in my temples is a pretty snazzy look), but I just caught a glimpse of me in the bathroom mirror and I scared the hell out of myself...I looked like the walking dead (and it's not even Halloween yet).

But seriously, I don't want to look so tired and beat-up (because I'm neither). If I was an amateur boxer working third shift, I'd be a bit more okay with it...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-10-22 at 14:45.