View Single Post
Anonymous Coward

2022-08-19, 11:44

Thanks for the reply, but I opened the Macworld source article, and it says the ads are supposed to be here now (as of 16 August) on News, Stocks, and the App Store. I'm on iOS 15.6.1. I did notice that the picture in the article is a MacOS screen, so I may eventually try downloading the apps I never use just too see for myself. I did open the App Store briefly to see, but did not see any ads, either in the Mac App store or the "Today" tab of the iOS store, as stated in the article. I admit I haven't tried every category because I'm on satellite internet and things take a long time to load.

Edit: I'm now in a place with faster internet access. I see that the News.app and Stocks.app are preloaded in MacOS X and don't have to be downloaded, and I've seen third-party advertisements in both those apps, but not in the App Store.app. I still have not seen third-party advertisements in iOS apps.

So, from my point of view, the Macworld article has some basis in fact and speculates about the future based on Apple personnel moves, but at the same time, asserts that some of that speculation is true today.

Last edited by Anonymous Coward : 2022-08-19 at 22:32.