View Single Post
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2013-06-08, 17:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
On Wednesday night I caught Cody ChesnuTT at La Cigale. The guy put on a brilliant show. He really understands the power of contrast: between fast and slow, silence and wild jamming, loose timing and split-second precision, calmness and explosive gestures on stage. Even the visual contrast between his thin body and his military helmet is striking.

I love Cody ChesnuTT’s sound, so I enjoyed the music too, though the sound setup was slightly too loud and something was off with the balance between the instruments (I’m not a musician so I can’t really explain what was wrong). But mostly I enjoyed the show.

Amazing audience connection, too. He got right into the crowd at one point, until the alarmed sound guy fished him out by his microphone cable. Once, for a slow song, he asked people to move their coats so he could position a chair right at the edge of the stage. Another time he had us all whispering, “Where is all the money going? Where do all the money come from?” (just before blowing the place up, naturally). Getting a cynical Parisian crowd to participate in this kind of thing is a risk, but he pulled it off.

If Cody ChesnuTT evers puts on a show in your part of the world, and you’re at all susceptible to soul, make a point of getting tickets. He practically defines stage presence.
If you dig that, you will really enjoy Royal Southern Brotherhood. They've got 1 July date in France, and at least 3 more in September. Allman Brothers meet the Neville Brothers meet the Texas blues.

http://www.royalsouthernbrotherhood.com/tour-dates/