View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-10-19, 03:43

The bad:
  • you can have any color, as long as it's Boring™, or Dark Boring™
  • the price tag. Hoo boy.
  • …that's about it.

The good: just about everything else. What a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Not in love with the new shape. It just looks frumpy and not flattering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
It's encouraging that hubris/ego isn't preventing them from doing so.
Agreed. It's an honest design that says "I'm a mobile workstation" not "we tried to make it as pretty as possible and then put stuff inside". The MacBook Air exists; the Pro does not need to be "Air, but with more power". I'm glad that misguided direction from the 2016 era is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
I imagine they've spent the past several years getting an earful from their actual customers/users (and not just sycophantic bloggers, YouTuber chatterboxes or those who put sleekness and style over all else).

That's encouraging to know that they're willing to listen and correct course if/when needed. I don't think that's something we would've seen 3-5 years ago. They fixed the keyboard a while back and now they brought back a few useful ports.
Yes. For half a decade(!), the MacBook Pro, Apple's flagship professional laptop, was seriously compromised. This is over today. Excellent.