View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2009-09-13, 02:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
This is another thing I never quite understood, partly because of it being redundant with the built-in search field and partly because Google usually isn't my destination and it ends up needlessly taking another second of my time. I have new windows and tabs open to a *blank* page so no time is wasted loading some site I don't want to see and so the URL field has focus and I can start typing immediately (or choose the appropriate bookmark).
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
*sigh* Silly Americans . I'm talking about localised search results. Try searching for something on Google.com and Google.com.au. Very different results depending on what search terms you've used. Now try the same search viewing only 'pages from Australia'. You can't on the US site, obviously. Nor for the Safari search field.
It should be doing that automatically based on your IP address. Or, you could get a Google account (if you don't mind the privacy implications) and have it stored that way. Either way, you don't need to set the home page for this.