View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-01-15, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
What did I do, again?

No, bobsky, I'm pretty sure the "stupidity" started when you repeatedly called me an asshat for what everybody else understood to be a harmless joke. Nobody else thought my joke (presented here, for the record, in its entirety: "oh, too slow / waaaah waaaaaah!") was out of line — not even Brad, who was the "target" of it.
I am nothing if not honest. The whole haha-too slow thing irks me regardless of who does it. It is asshattery at the finest. If it was anyone else that night I would have called them out just the same. It has nothing to do with you.

Quote:
I'll be blunt, since you dislike tact: I don't think you really get jokes. Like, in general. I think you have trouble understanding when people are joking and when people are being genuinely mean. This isn't the first time you've read too much into one of my jokes, or taken them seriously.
Or perhaps I just don't think you are funny? Sorry to say, but that is probably the truth of the matter. It strikes me that you like to attribute specific interactions that you and I have to the general public. This will come up again in a second.

Quote:
Based on your behavior in the days leading up to the incident, I think you disliked me beforehand, and I think this colored your perception of my joke/asshattery.
Fascinating, really. Because I don't actually dislike you. I don't generally engage with people I dislike, particularly when it is about something they have done that bothers me in general about them. The reason is that there are somethings you cannot fix and what's the point engaging them if there is no benefit to it. Regardless of how much I like conflict, endless goalless conflict has never been my cup of tea. It's why I don't post at AI anymore. I couldn't deal with the fact that the arguments put forward today are the same arguments put forward by the same players ten years ago. That gets wearing.

Quote:
I think there's an established pattern of you overreacting here, just like you overreacted when people told you your "Tim Cook bored Steve Jobs to death" joke was in poor taste, and just like you overreacted when I tweeted that I didn't want to post personal stuff here any more because of you (which turned out to be prescient).
Its interesting that you think I overreact whenever I am engaging you in particular. Perhaps you don't get me. No, that's obvious, you don't. But while the entire world decided that my posts were anathema after SJ's death, you will find that I didn't actually respond to many charges back at me. (There are a total of 7 posts by me between those 2 threads, 1 is the joke, 1 is a response to the response in the joke thread, 2 are my non-joking response to the death, 1 is the response to the response to my simple statements, and 2 are fluff responses of no content) I did try to engage those that left comments on their negative rep giving via PM because I honestly wanted to know what was so bad about them. I still am not sure the response makes sense to me, but whatever. No one responded to my serious inquiries and it ended there. To call this an over reaction is perhaps more telling of you than of me, and I do think it is quite telling.

Quote:
If you were trying to "call" me on it, as you put it, you didn't do a very good job, because you just kept saying I was an asshat, and nobody knew why. Since, y'know, nobody else thought I had done anything wrong in the slightest. You just repeatedly called me an asshat for reasons that only made sense inside your head.
I did tell you when asked. And you incredulously responded "is that it? really?" or something to that effect.

But whatever.

Last edited by billybobsky : 2012-01-15 at 20:46.