View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2007-07-30, 17:47

I was pretty 'into' Social networking sites for about a year. I have since cancelled all my accounts and generally have no particular hurry to get into it again. That being said, I don't think they're all that bad, and I don't think I'm just trying to be too cool for school. It became kind of addicting I guess, and I wanted to get rid of it, largely just to see if I could, and not too surprisingly, I didn't think twice about it, and haven't looked back. That all happened about 8 or 9 months ago. Before I left myspace and stuff, I posted a blog telling my friends(all 100 of them) my real email address. Surprisingly, even amongst some of the people that would constantly comment on my shit or otherwise message me and 'keep in touch'. Once I left myspace I all but stopped talking to at least a dozen people. Only a few people actually kept up with my 'real' email address. Most of my friends were real life friends though, so I still see or know most of them, but still, a good amount of people just disappeared as a result of me not being connected anymore.

Funny how that works.

Anyway, the new thing in social networking, from what I hear, is this site http://www.ning.com/ Which lets you create your own social networking sites from a collection of templates and stuff. I have never used it, I don't know anyone that has used it, I read about it somewhere, and thought it was absurd, I don't think it is actually the new thing in social networking, but it is still pretty radical.