View Single Post
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2008-09-01, 22:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Lately there have been a couple of threads that where particularly funny. Unfortunately they also involved politics and a few members managed to drive them into a thread-lock with their knee-jerk drama.

Have you any idea how irritating it is to have written an epic post, just to find the tread locked once you hit the submit button.

I suggest a feature that would allow the moderators to issue a ban that is only effective within a certain thread. And thus can be used to help an otherwise good member stay out of a discussion that he can't mind his manners in. Another useful variation of this could be a feature so that members could put a specific thread on their ignore list.

Alternatively I wouldn't mind seeing some short 12 hour bans being used more liberally. Just as a friendly slap over the wrist.

Agreed but that once again puts the burden on the admin and not on the person. I don't think taking personal responsibility on putting on the admin is a good idea (which in my opinion it would do). I think they need to be banned from all to really feel it.l I think the 12 hour ban is a good idea though.

And All That Could Have Been