View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2008-09-02, 12:20

Fair enough, each option has its points in favor, and against.

First comment: easier to spot (maybe - what's the level of trolling that's acceptable as a tongue in cheek comment?), leads to never ending arguments over what constitutes a violation.

Landslide: easier to note as leading to a lock, less banhammer on mild sarcasm and light teasing.

The first comment may be innocuous, although stupid. If we banned for stupid comments, I'd have been gone long ago. When it hits a snowballing effect though, there's generally a filtering effect, where only a handful of people stick around in that thread, and revel in being truly vitriolic and not adding anything of worth to the conversation or thread. That's the point at which this board becomes their personal playground, and not the community's.

Calm rational debate = love it. But we can't *HAVE* that around here because of a few retards that keep fucking it up. *fume* (I use the word 'retard' lovingly. Really. Pinky swears. I like most all of the folks on here, but some of you otherwise likable ones turn into major *assholes* when politics comes up. Seriously. (And as an asshole from a long line of assholes, I know assholes.) Step away from the politics, you don't have the maturity to ride that ride. )

Last edited by Kickaha : 2008-09-02 at 12:40.