View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-02-26, 12:57

What's the deal with iCloud.

The basic function of iCloud works rather well (syncing settings/contacts/etc and Find My Device). Everything else sucks and is at a standstill in development and progress.

Most annoying to me is the ridiculous 5GB Data cap. It's nearly useless with multiple iDevices and when trying to use Document Sharing and even more useless when Backing up your iDevices to the cloud. I think it's ridiculous that email counts toward that 5GB too. Right now, my email takes up 4GB of the 5GB. I've had my mac.com address since Day 1. I like having a record of email and I prefer not to delete it. All other email services have gone unlimited.

What's the deal here?

I use Photostream a lot too, but it still confuses me at times, and it's very annoying that it doesn't have a solid website interface for others.

Also, why the hell does www.icloud.com still not work on iOS? It is IMPOSSIBLE to check your iCloud email (or use any other iCloud service such as Find my Phone) on someone else's iPhone or iPad without adding your email address at the system level. It's ridiculous.

end Rant for now :-)

Last edited by Brave Ulysses : 2014-02-26 at 14:12.