View Single Post
Partial
Stallion

2014-03-02, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
capacity is only 1 of the issues.

Like I have pointed out, there are many more, you just ignored my first post.

But if you want to focus on capacity and the fact that its free.... then what is the logic that the capacity is based on the iCloud account and not by the device? The cost of iCloud is theoretically subsidized by the cost of each individual product. So why when I buy 3 iOS devices do I not get 3X the free space so that I can actually use iCloud to back each of those devices up and not just one of them?

Why is there no iCloud family account support? Why is there no ability to change your iCloud email address, user name, apple ID, merge Apple IDs, combine Apple IDs or group Apple IDs?

Why does email count toward that space and why is Apple's email capacity not competitive with any other free email service?

Why does www.icloud.com not work on iOS?

Why is document sharing used by any third parties? Why can documents stored in iCloud not be opened in other iCloud enabled applications that support that file format? How is it ever suppose to be viable if no one ever has enough storage to actually utilize it and if the files stored aren't easily accessible to anyone from anywhere, including non iOS devices.

Why is there no good web interface for Photostream? Why is photo stream so confusing?

Why does iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match still not make sense and offer a clear sense of what is stored on the server and what is stored locally?
Photostream is seriously the most confusing thing Apple has ever released. In the documentation for it, it alleges that Apple saves every photo ever, etc up to like 10K per month. In reality, it's not even close to that.

The implementation is horrible. The system itself works well - but I want all of my photos backed up forever. Why are they not doing this? Yeah yeah, I get it's expensive, but you know what's more expensive? Pissing people off when they don't realize they're not all backed up - and in reality only 30 days worth are backed up in the cloud even though all photos are technically in the photostream on a device. EXTREMELY frustrating and terrible UX.

Who in their right mind decided that the Photostream view in iPhoto and iOS would NOT be a real-time representation of what's stored on Apple's servers. Talk about borking that one up big time.

...and calling/e-mailing/texting ex-girlfriends on the off-chance they'll invite you over for some "old time's sake" no-strings couch gymnastics...