View Single Post
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2006-12-09, 23:32

I'd just like to say this has nothing to do with me, I wasn't there, my alibi is rock solid.

I'd have thought a simple drug bust was the most likely explanation.

A woman caught fire in the park across the road from where I live a couple of weeks back. Fortunately, I didn't see it. Just the aftermath. You can see where she was when she's gone up. Shoes burnt off her feet before she's started running. Burn "prints" for about 20 metres and then another big burnt area where she started rolling. One of those situations where the fight/flight response really lets you down.

A friend saw it and was one of the first on the scene. Road service dude put her out with a fire extinguisher. Didn't even make the news but the remaining evidence suggested the outcome wasn't terribly positive. Seems she was a homeless person who had lit a camp fire but one of her fuel cans had a hole in it. Plus it must have been at least 30 degrees C the day it happened. Very weird shit. The way all her burnt make up and bits and pieces have been left lying there is heartbreaking.

Last edited by crazychester : 2006-12-09 at 23:34. Reason: Fixed the whole hole.