View Single Post
Dave
Ninja Editor

2011-12-06, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
Another comment I have about the game is that it really feels like the Wii is holding it back a bit. As if the game wants to be even more than it is, but the Wii just isn't quite 'enough' to make it happen. The lack of HD also stands out for the first time pretty much ever for me(on the Wii) where all the graphics look really great and inspired, but you'd kind of like them to all be just a little bit smoother.
I think the motion sensor in the Wiimote is holding it back... I have to recenter that thing probably every 10-15 minutes. Other than that my only complaints are what Brad was talking about with not being able to speed through or skip dialog, and I wish it'd pause the game while you're selecting items for the trigger. I lost a boss fight earlier today because I accidentally left my finger on the trigger a hair too long and it switched from what I was actually trying to use to the bug net, and the calibration was off (again) so when I tried to fix it I couldn't get what I wanted to use selected before I'd get hit again.

HD would be nice, but I only notice that it's missing when there are some resolution-induced rendering artifacts in large rooms... I'll see something I don't recognize "way over there", and half-way there after there are more pixels involved, I can see what it is.

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.