View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-03-29, 15:32

Now that this new Air has arrived, pretty much making my decision pretty easy, about the only thing Apple-related I'm interested in this year is the rumored lower-cost, iPhone SE replacement. My SE was the best $399 I've ever spent, and, four years later, if I can make such a wonderful bang-for-the-buck purchase again, that'll be wonderful. Shakes out to $100 a year for something I use every single day (and much more than my Mac, once you factor in all the bed, couch, porch/deck, out-and-about, etc. usage)...can't beat that!

I know I'm probably gonna lose on the small, compact thing (I think Apple is out of the one-hand-friendly iPhone business), but if the price/performance/reliablity aspect is there, I can make myself get used to the larger size and adjust my usage habits/holding as needed. I'm just happy that the prospect of a new ~$400 iPhone is on the horizon, because I ain't paying those flagship prices, period. I don't give a shit what kind of screen, camera, etc. they have. I don't need - or want - a $700+ phone.

But that's truly about all I'm interested in for 2020, and that might not even be blatantly WWDC-related. It might come next week, out of nowhere. Didn't the iPhone SE just hit one day, back in 2016, without much fanfare, keynote unveiling, etc.? If I remember correctly, it just showed up on Apple.com one morning?