View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-01, 09:33

For a good decade or so now, I've made it a point to believe nothing I see/hear on this date. Kinda tougher in recent years - especially this one - when real life is weirder/nuttier than any April Fool's gag could ever hope to be...

But yeah, anything I see on the Apple news/rumor sites that seems the least bit "off" (or too good to be true), I just chalk it up to April 1st shenanigans. I won't believe anything I see/hear about an upcoming release today. Maybe tomorrow...

Unfortunately it's late enough in the morning (ET, anyway) that I don't think anything is happening today on the iPhone SE 2/9 front. Seems like it would've shown up by now. So perhaps next Tuesday/Wednesday, if that Prosser guy is just blowing smoke/guessing/making stuff up for clicks. If he's legit, then it'll be two weeks from now (and another week until they actually hit the street). We'll see.

I do hope, as I mentioned yesterday, that even if this is based on the overall iPhone 8 design (Touch ID, a forehead/chin still present, etc.) that maybe they've tweaked things enough to get the overall width - the dimension that matters most in holding/gripping - down a bit. If they can get those left/right bezels down and bring in the side of the phone a few millimeters closer to the screen, that would help make it feel a bit more compact/one-hand-friendly. So I'm hoping there's a chance of that sort of thing in the cards.

According to MacTracker, the iPhone 8 is 2.65" wide and the SE is 2.31. That's a difference of .34", just under 3/8". I'm hoping maybe there's enough wiggle room there for them to buy a little space and close up that overall width a tad. By the time you add a case of any heft/thickness to the iPhone 8, you're well at 3" (or more) wide.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-04-01 at 09:46.