View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-09-10, 01:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
So it's a creepy feeling of finding other people's shit? Ima skeered.
I kept adding to my last post at the bottom of the previous page. Go reread it again now. Exploring is gonna be hella creepy.

Quote:
And what do you mean by "poison" spiders??
Some spiders are normal. Some poison you when they attack (these are blue spiders). When poisoned, your health meter turns a sickly green color and you start gradually losing life. You can also get poisoned in other ways, like eating bad food...

Quote:
And why do you have to eat so much in that demo? I hate that.

And why do you have so many corndogs in your menu???
The corndog meter is the "hunger bar". When your belly is full, you slowly regain health. As you perform various activities, the meter depletes as you get hungry. When it empties and you're starving, you slowly lose life.

This adds a whole new challenging dynamic to the game. At first I thought I would hate it, but it's growing on me. No longer does eating directly heal you; it only heals indirectly and over time. Eating takes a second or two, and you slow down your walking pace while you're chowing down. Fortunately, animals drop a LOT more food now. Pigs, chickens, and cows all drop meats. Even zombies drop meat, but it's rotten. Probably only wise to eat that meat as a last resort.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.