View Single Post
SpecMode
Wait what

2011-09-10, 03:52

So, from my aimless running around in 1.8 for a few hours, this is what I've learned so far:

-Lots of abandoned mines underground; seriously, they're everywhere. They've also got random chests scattered throughout, similar to dungeons. The one I explored for a while was huge; it took me the better part of an hour to find my way back to the surface (I eventually ended up tunneling up into the ocean to get back out).

-Something else they've got that's similar to dungeons: spawners. Specifically, poison spider spawners. You can tell if one is nearby if you suddenly run into a huge mass of webs in a mine branch. Apparently, they come in clusters sometimes; in my SSP world, I found a spot that had four of the suckers in pretty close proximity. Found another one located directly underneath a zombie dungeon, too.

-My newly-generated SSP world is still (apparently) capped at 128, with sea level at the normal 64. Is there an option that you can change to get a taller map?

-I'm loving the new lighting effects. Having torchlight shade to yellow the further you get from the torch is a nice touch.