View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-07-18, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post
I'm going on record here and now by saying iTunes 8 is going to be a major new version. It may even be rewritten to the point of being considered a new platform. It could even be rebranded.
I live in hope!

Seriously, this is a great list.

I think the server version idea is good and perhaps the iTunes team could take a leaf out of the Aperture 1.5 team's approach with regard to effective library management.

Organsational structure is a pet peeve of mine too - and I know I'm not alone. Further to your concerns, why do movie trailers show up as podcasts? And why can't I move an isolated "podcast" video clip out of the movies section and into its home in the Podcast section?

I also like your idea about maintaining an Apple Lossless library and then having on the fly AAC encoding for iPods ... although if you filled, for example, a 20GB iPod with music that needed to be encoded it would still take a while. For my shuffle I don't mind the wait, but a fully loaded iPod might be a different story.

Better editing of metadata would be a welcome addition as too the the ability to find and download lyrics automatically, which shouldn't be that much of a challenge to the code monkeys at Apple.

Good stuff - I hope iTunes *insert more apt name here* evolves along these lines.

All I want is a simple life
twitter

Last edited by Mac+ : 2007-07-18 at 09:57. Reason: typos