View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-12-31, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
- I still hate these all-CG characters. That tiny troll who reprogrammed Threepio? That nutsack of a face Maz Kanata? These things aren't even in the uncanny valley. They're past the horizon way over there down in the unbelievable gorge. I don't understand how Disney/Star Wars does these characters so badly. Maybe it's some kind of sick homage to the CG abominations in the "remastered" original trilogy of the 90s and the prequels.
I just have to harp on this issue one more time because I remembered that Baby Yoda exists.

And he's a real-world thing. A muppet. Or a puppet. Whatever, but he's not a CG monstrosity.

This is how you make a believable character. Not inside computers with half-baked tracking dots and cheating normal maps and mismatched ray tracing light rigs but out here in the physical world where people and the setting can actually interact with it.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.