Thread: stuff for VOIP
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-03-15, 18:44

I'm not sure if you only wanted info for computer based VoIP solutions but here's my input. I use Vonage and have been for years now. I have two lines with them and service is great. My mom also uses Vonage at her home in Charleston SC. It is hooked into her home wiring so she didn't have to upgrade the old answering machine they have (It uses cassette tapes). There is a "soft phone" with Vonage, but don't know if it works with Mac or not. (I don't use it, just know it is there.)

Price is great too, unlimited incoming and 500 minutes for about $18 or $27 for unlimited outbound (after taxes, etc.) It seems to be free for other VoIP services too. I call my voicemail which is IP based and it doesn't count toward my minutes. Since the phone adapters are ethernet devices it won't matter that you use a Mac. Hope that helps.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.