View Single Post
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-05-24, 09:51

I don't fucking believe it. The fucking Home Folder icon is back already! ALREADY!

I think it *must* be to do with the LaCie: two back-ups, two instances of Home-Folder-iconitis.

In particular this time, before I noticed that the icon was there again, iTunes and Finder were Not Responding (beachball) *after I plugged in my iPod*. On the iPod, the "Do Not Disconnect" warning would not go away and the iPod would not show up in iTunes.

Arrrrrrrrrrgghh! This is fucked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFL
Check your Users folder and make sure that your User has the proper icons on it, and that all your documents and data are up to date
About this FFL, Get Info for my Home Folder in Macintosh HD>Users>Home gives Kind: Alias and Size: 0KB. The icon on the desktop gives Kind: Volume and Size: 47.72GB. Uh oh... That's not right is it?

Can I move the Home Folder from the desktop into my Users Folder (after I mess with the permissions)?

I've post this on the Apple Discussion boards (link)->

(I went through the hassle of finding the booklet that came with my PB and phoning up AppleCare, only to give over loads of personal information and have the lady tell me my 90 days phone cover has run out... duh! What was I thinking - one year of free AppleCare does not mean one year of free phone cover too)

bouncy bouncy

Last edited by SonOfSylvanus : 2004-05-24 at 10:44.