View Single Post
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-05-24, 17:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOX BARBARA
you've promised not to
D00d! Heh. Time Stamps! I backed-up using CCC this morning (GMT+1) and promised not to do so again this afternoon - after I had read FFL's post. Haha! - Twisted... funny. Heh.

FFL The LaCie has never been plugged in when the mystery Home icon has been on the desktop Just to make that clear. The LaCie has only been plugged into my PB for a few hours of its lifetime - during back-ups. Its default state is *not* plugged in. So all the behaviour I have reported is with the LaCie *not* plugged in. This is why I am dismissive of the "confused" theory.

So My Computer>Macintosh HD>Users>Me is the correct place for my Home Folder. Well, as of now, Get Info says that "Me" at that destination is an Alias of 0Kb, though double-clicking on it opens my Home Folder and brings up a Finder window as I would expect it to do. Both the other users in the Users Folder ("Shared" and "Somebody") give Get Info's of Kind: Folder and Sizes:8Kb and 40Kb (they're unused).

VOX, I will only create a new user if all else fails. Plus, I want to get to the bottom of this. Where is my Home Folder? Can you guys find any clues from my Search Results for "Me" (scroll up).

Thanks for your continued help and patience. To bed.

bouncy bouncy