View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-09, 14:16

I was just thinking about that over the weekend...less than a month to go and it's kinda wide open. I'm betting we'll start hearing some solid stuff in another week or two. Things always seep out in those closing weeks. If they unveiled a new, redesigned AS Mac Pro, that would be nice for several reasons:

- It meshes nicely with the venue/event (professionals, developers, power users, etc.)...makes sense
- It would be two years exactly that they announced the AS stuff, and gave a two-year transition period (while I am totally cool with them considering November 2022 the true mark - two years from when AS Macs were first announced/sold - it would be great if they hit that mark at WWDC..."In June 2020 we said 'two years'...told ya!"

I know the various OSes (what is the best way to type that? Like that?) will take front and center, it's been well over a year since the iMac, Mac mini and MacBook Air have gotten any attention. I could see at least one of those getting some sort of bump/tweak/update, even if low-key without taking up a bunch of presentation time.

This will be one of those keynotes - unlike the iPhone stuff - that I'll actually carve out time to watch live, just because of the possibility of something cool Mac-related. After a long stretch of not much to write home about on the Mac front, the past 18+ months have been really exciting again. It's been so nice to see Apple throwing so much attention and effort at something that isn't a phone (or that goes in your ears, or on your wrist). Prior to November 2020, I was truly starting to wonder what the future of the Mac was going to be, and not feeling 100% sure/secure about the answer for the first time in 10+ years.

I won't lie...I do find my thoughts drifting, in recent months, to an orange, next-generation MacBook Air.

I said I'd not go down that "colors" road again, but if they release something like some of the renders/mockups I've seen online I recent months, I'd have a super-hard time not revisiting my Tangerine iBook days. 🧡

And get my mom a pink one, to replace her early-2014 Air.