View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-07-04, 13:26

I'm looking at a project for a "remote area" of my yard where I don't want to run electricity from the house. What I'm thinking about is getting a Gazebo set up and putting some solar panels on it. Then have some kind of battery pack there too so I can put up some lights and such. Clearly this is going to be a low current situation and most things I intend to run would be something like LED lights and phone charging. I do want to add a USB powered wifi camera though that would enable me to grab snapshots of the view from the Gazebo.

I'm thinking of something like this:

I whatever solar "system" I put I would mount to the roof for solar panels and the battery/inverter would be under the roof overhead. So with something like this we would need to ensure it has some weather tolerance. Also a level of heat tolerance given it will be under that canopy.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.