View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-29, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I think we agree.
Mostly. Other than the part where we don't.

Quote:
I mean, any improvements to the base iPad take away a reason to upgrade to the Air. But that isn’t a reason that Apple should just sit on the base iPad because it’s good enough; it’s just a reason to also keep improving the Air.
Apple is one of those companies where the middle product is currently misplaced, across the entire product line. It's the "we've got $X to spend" and Apple has a product that costs $X. Where the iPad Pro is very different than the other iPads in a lot of very unique and obvious ways, the iPad Air and the iPad are, well, too close. And the iPad Mini is, um, a small (and very good) iPad Air (and should actually be the iPad Air!)?

And with iPads, I'm just not sure there is a way to differentiate the product line with clear and concise devices other than "iPad" and "iPad Pro". Middle devices are just there to fill a price slot, and their feature set just isn't needed (or wanted) by most people.

Quote:
They should really be selling a mini version of the base iPad.
Exactly! Actually, after adjusting my comment above, it occurred to me that the iPad Mini should be the iPad Air, not the Mini. It is the smallest, lightest, and "Air-iest" of the iPads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
The current low-end iPad is not a bad tablet, nor a bad iPad.
Exactly!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-08-29 at 15:06.