View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-29, 15:27

@chucker: I think you’re reading my posts as being more negative toward the current base iPad than I intended. I don’t think it’s a bad product; I apologize if I wasn’t clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Making the iPad Air more like the iPad Pro would then blur the line between those two and the problem is suddenly focused at the upper end rather than the lower.
But what’s the alternative? Never making the non-Pro iPads all-screen? Of course they’ll make the other iPads all-screen, blurred lines or no.

The iPad Pro will continue to feature the A-X variant chip. It’ll have more RAM. It’ll have four speakers. It’ll have ProMotion. It’ll have USB-C. It’ll have, if the rumors are true, vastly better cameras. It’ll have the bigger screen option. It’ll have the bigger storage options. There’s plenty to differentiate the lines, even if we assume the middle iPad would have the same 11-inch screen size. And it might not, Apple seems to have no problem introducing new iPad screen sizes.

I could easily see the next midrange iPad borrowing a lot from the current iPad Pro design with some cutbacks, just as the current iPad Air is similar to the previous-generation Pro. But that’s okay, because there will be a new Pro by then, with the faster chip and the new cameras and who knows what else.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong