View Single Post
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2005-08-05, 11:12

It sounds simple right? But it's not.

Apple had the luxury of going to OSX, I mean they have nothing to lose and alot to gain.

Now think of Microsoft and think of everything they have to lose if they try to do what Apple did and build a whole new OS. Think of the colossal lost for MS and gain for Open-Source. It's a double edge sword for MS.

These are the reasons why Apple hasn't be aggressive or pro-active. Not becasue they don't want to(Beleive me all the Tiger ads I seen prove that) but it is because they don't have the safety net of Microsoft with the move to OSX and now the faailure of the PowerPC prosessor, Apple can not be aggressive till they have a road map that won't change in another 5 years. That's the stuff that scares away developer and customers.

I believe we will see more aggressive and pro-action from Apple once the Intel move is complete. OSX is proving to be a succesful and secure product and Intel won't "Motorola" it up with the processor(hopefully) and for the first tiem in a long while, Apple will have a safety net that they can count on when they fight Microsoft and Linux head on.