View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2018-02-14, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Yes, Infinite Scrolling is a part of it (though the feature can be annoying at times.)
Indeed. It really turns me off on Quartz. I explicitly want to focus on one article, not “discover” how many more there are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
I was thinking the other day that a lot of the media sites I seem to enjoy lately have a more modern, cleaner look to them than a usual Wordpress site. Gizmodo/Jalopnik, Engadget, BlogTO, NewAtlas, The Verge etc. (Not all of those have IS, but you get my point.)

Just wondering what they use to build sites like those so I can pester my web guy.
Right… Gizmodo Media Group (Jalopnik, The Onion, etc.) has its own proprietary CMS called Kinja, so that’s not an option — but you can look around for WordPress themes that imitate it.

More generally, you want to browse a little. Maybe this one strikes your fancy? https://templatic.com/wordpress-maga...emes/newstime/