View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-10, 20:35

I'm with Ken on this one. We are taught to laugh about it. While anyone reading this may say, As Brad did, that they weren't then that would mean they have never watch a crime show or movie in their life. Just like the Navy never told me to go into insane debt to have a cool ride (vehicle) and yet there are most sailors in total debt.

We are all taught to point and laugh at the assumed guilt over pleading the fifth.

If you are in the hotseat though, now it is a different picture.

Personally, I've learned to say nothing. As a Master-At-Arms (collateral duty) while in the Navy I did, in fact, use everything they said or did against them in the charges brought against the accused. EVERYTHING.

In the case of Trump saying nothing, I'm sure he have very well paid lawyers who are weighing the cost of him saying nothing. I'm sure it is still way better than every word, pause, reword, etc... being twisted against him.

Haven't y'all watch My Cousin Vinny?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.